Whether you’re looking for a fun activity to do indoors to keep
you the kids from going stir crazy or looking for an easy activity to go with a winter unit study, you’ll love this build a snowman kid’s game.
This game can actually be done many different ways depending on the ages of your kids.
Look at these suggestions below on how to do this latest fun activity I have for you.
- Roll the cube, and have an older child cut out cardboard and draw, color or paint each piece as he builds the snowman.
- Roll the cube, and have a younger child cut out card stock and draw, color or paint each piece as he builds the snowman.
- Print two pictures of the cube or die on card stock. Have your child cut out the pictures on one cube and glue the pictures on cardboard or paper. Use other cube for game playing.
- To teach a preschooler shapes, make the snowman parts different shapes. Octagon for the body, circles for the buttons and cone for the nose will have him practicing geometry skills.
- Of course, you can just have the child color the picture as he rolls that part of the snowman on the cube.
- Another easy tip is to cut out the snowman on the download below and put him back together as your child rolls the cube.
Build a Snowman Cube Game @ Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
Snowman Kid’s Game
Although a game like this is fun, it also teaches many skills. Preschoolers strengthen fine motor skills by both coloring and cutting.
In addition, you can expand this game by writing down words that correspond to the pictures on the cube. And children learn to take turns as they play together.
Another way to make this game fun for your artsy kids is to have them roll the cube and draw their own parts for the snowman and build it as they go along. Designing their own snowman builds creativity and strengthens the imagination.
A game like building a snowman is also a fun activity to do with a group of kids in a homeschool co-op. Each kid can design their own snowman and learn to play together.
One more idea is to have your children work together to build a giant snowman on butcher block paper. Collaboration is a skill that a child uses on to high school.
What ideas do you have for building a snowman?
Look at these other fun winter activity ideas that I know you’ll love:
- Free Winter Copywork for Middle School – Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost
- Colorful Winter Bird: Northern Cardinal Lapbook & Unit Study
- Winter Nature Craft: How to Make Easy DIY Bird Feeders
- 16 Ways to Make Homeschool Memorable During Winter
- Winter Homeschooling – Activities and Free Downloads. 5 Days of Look Alive
Hugs and love ya,